The HPE Aruba AP-305 is an entry-level 802.11ac Wave 2 (Wi-Fi 5) access point designed to deliver high performance wireless networking for medium density environments. With 3×3:3SS MU-MIMO capability, Aruba advanced ClientMatch management and integrated Aruba Beacons, the AP-305 enables a high-performance wireless network in a cost-effective manner.
With a maximum concurrent data rate of 1,300 Mbps and 300 Mbps in the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands respectively, the AP-305 provides a wireless network with the performance required by the enterprise. The AP-305 supports multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) and three spatial streams (3SS) providing maximum throughput and enhanced network efficiency.
The AP-305 includes enhanced ClientMatch technology extending client steering to enable MU-MIMO capable devices to be steered to the closest MU-MIMO capable access point. By grouping those devices together, the network can take advantage of the simultaneous transmission to these devices, increasing overall capacity.
- Three integrated dual-band down-tilt omni-directional antennas for 3×3 MIMO with peak antenna gain of 3.9dBi in 2.4GHz and 5.4dBi in 5GHz.
- Antennas are optimised for horizontal mounting, down tilt for max gain is 30 degrees.
- One 10/100/100BASE-T Ethernet Connector (RJ-45), Auto-Sense MDI/MDX, 802.3az
- USB 2.0 Host Interface Connector (Type-A)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Radio, 3dBm Tx Power & -92dBm Rx Receive Sensitivity, Integrated 3.4dBi Antenna
- Visual Indicators (multi-coloured LEDs)
- Reset Button
- Serial Console Interface (Proprietary connector sold separate)
- Kensington Security Slot
- The AP contains two (black) mounting clips to attach to 9/16″ or 15/16″ flat T-Bar drop-tile ceiling. Various other mounting options are available separately.
- Dual Radio
Max Data Rates:
- 5GHz: Three spatial stream Single User MIMO up to 1,300 Mbps to individual 3×3 VHT80 clients.
- 5GHz: Two spatial stream Multi User MIMO up to 876 Mbps to up to two 1×1 VHT80 MU-MIMO clients.
- 2.4GHz: Two spatial stream Single User MIMO up to 300 Mbps to individual 2×2 HT40 clients.
- Supports up to 255 associated devices and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio.
Supported Frequency Bands:
- 2.400 to 2.4835GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850GHz
Supported Radio Technologies:
- 802.11b: DSSS
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: OFDM
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- Dependant on regulatory domain.
Max Transmit Power:
- 2.4GHz: +18dBm per chain, +21dBm aggregate (2×2)
- 5GHz: +18dBm per chain, +23dBm aggregate (3×3)
Supported Data Rates:
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12 ,18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n (2.4GHz): 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15)
- 802.11n (5GHz): 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS 23)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,300 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 3 for VHT20/40/80)
- Advance cellular coexistence (ACC)
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC)
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD)
- Short guard interval for 20/40/80 MHz channels
- Space-time block coding (STBC)
- Low-density parity check (LDPC)
- Transmit beam-forming (TxBF)
- 802.11n high throughput (HT 20/40)
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT 20/40/80)
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation (A-MPDU, A-MSDU)
- 1,116,000 hrs (127 years at +25C Operating Temperature) MTBF
- Direct DC Power at 12v nominal (+/-5%) using a 2.1″/5.5mm centre+ 9.5mm length circular plug.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) at 48v nominal. 802.3af/at.
- Max Operating Consumption (excluding external USB): 13W PoE, 12W DC
- Max Idle Consumption: 3.7W PoE, 2.6W DC
- External USB Consumption (With a 5W/1A USB Device): 6.5W PoE, 5.5 DC
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to +50° C (+32° F to +122° F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1 and EN 60601-1-2
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Regulatory Model Number: APIN305